Effective date: 2019
The Fire Protection Association, administers of RISCAuthority ("us", "we", or "our") operates the riscauthoritysupplychain.com website (hereinafter referred to as the "Service"). The Fire Protection Association is registered as a fee payer with the Information Commissioner under registration number Z8820513.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you acknowledge that we will collect and use your information in accordance with this privacy notice. Unless otherwise defined in this Privacy Notice, the terms used in this Privacy Notice have the same meanings as in our Terms and Conditions, accessible from riscauthoritysupplychain.com
Service is the riscauthoritysupplychain.com website operated by the RISCAuthority
* Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified directly or indirectly from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
* Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
* Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, we are a Data Controller of your Personal Data.
* Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively (please see explanation below).
* Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with the following types of Personal Data:
* Email address
* First name and last name
* Employer name and job title
* Phone number
* Address, Postal code
* Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
* Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
* Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences
and various settings.
* Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data:
RISCAuthority uses the collected data for various purposes. Under data protection law, we are required to have a legal basis when using your data for these purposes. We rely on the following legal bases to use your Personal Data for the purposes described below:
1. The processing is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights
Our legitimate interests in using your Personal Data are:
* To provide our services to your employer and fulfil our contractual obligations to you and your employer, to notify you about changes to our Service, to enable you to participate in interactive features of our Service and to provide you with customer support
* To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
* To monitor the usage of our Service
* To maintain and administer our Service and to improve the user experience
* To detect, prevent and address technical issues with our Service
* To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information. To opt out of receiving any such information please [¦click "Unsubscribe" from our newsletter or from any marketing or promotional email you receive from us].
2. To comply with the law
* To prevent and detect crime, fraud or corrupton and to meet our legal, regulatory and ethical responsibilities * To respond to disclosure requests from public authorities (see explanation below)
Retention of Data
RISCAuthority will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
RISCAuthority will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
RISCAuthority will take all the steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of your Personal Data will take place to an organisation or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, RISCAuthority may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
RISCAuthority may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* To comply with a legal obligation
* To protect and defend the rights or property of RISCAuthority
* To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
* To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
* To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Data. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), in certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
* The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
* The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
* The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
* The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
* The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
* The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where RISCAuthority relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you wish to enforce any of your rights then please contact us by email at email@example.com
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA). In the United Kingdom the data protection authority is the Information Commissioner's Office.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and we have written contracts in place with our service providers which obliges them not to disclose or use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
* Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: <https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en>
Links to Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's site. We strongly advise you to review the Privacy Notice of every site you visit.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us as soon as possible. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Notice on this page.
We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service, prior to the change becoming effective and update the "effective date" at the top of this Privacy Notice.
You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us:
The Fire Protection Association
Moreton in Marsh
* By email: firstname.lastname@example.org